Friday, September 7, 2018

Grouted & Hung on the Wall!

I started this mosaic about November of 2016 and got stuck for awhile. I picked it back up last summer and continued to struggle with the design and glass choices. Now it is done; grouted &
hung on my wall. Of course, I feel a sense of accomplishment, but mostly relief that the difficult decisions are behind me. This is not the first time that I have chosen to do a mosaic without a template and got lost in its creation. I think like a lot of artists it takes struggle to define who you are and accept it. I have come to understand what mosaics make me happy creating and be okay with that.
The mosaic is approximately 23 1/2" x 3 1/2". It is on a wood board with  wall hanging hardware on the back. It is made with mirrored glass of different colors, stained glass, many different types of glass and beads. It will be listed in my Etsy store with a great deal more detail.
I have yet to name this mosaic, perhaps "Elusive".


No comments: