Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I have started choosing glass for the Sea Horse mosaic since I am now done with the little dolphin mosaic :)
Sorry about the shadow; it really hinders the effect of the glass. So these are my first choices but not necessarily my last. The pink assortment under the dolphin is the glass I am thinking of using for the sea shell behind the sea horse. The lavender and purple glass is what I am considering for the sea horse, and the blue glass is background and possibly foreground choices.
 I will continue to take pictures as I create this mosaic. Since it is so small, it will be easy to show my process of choosing glass that brings my idea of what I want this mosaic to be into being. I can start out with one idea but then ZAP! I see something completely different and it takes over and the mosaic becomes something else. For example, the dolphin mosaic started with the bead work and then the blue belly, but then instead of doing light grey fins and tail, and a dark grey body then ZAP!
This sparkly lighter blue glass went on the tail, fins and nose while the rest was a sparkly white glass. And just now the dolphin's name came to me, "Sky". Definitely a summer sky. See what I mean. You never know when inspiration is going to hit and I have learned to just go with it and no regrets.

No comments: