Thursday, September 20, 2018

And So the Sea Horse Mosaic Begins

I started this mosaic yesterday after having completed 64 questions on Chapter 1 of my Federal Taxation- Individual class. The crown, fin on the back, and the midsection are all done in dichroic glass.

Today after completing five homework questions, I did the face in lavender stained glass, and the jaw- highlighting in a dark bluish-purple mirrored glass. I had to let it set up before continuing. The waiting for the glue to dry and hold the glass in place is important and necessary on such a small mosaic area. Then I added the bluish purple glass to the outside curve of the stomach and continued using the lavender glass to create the neck.

I wanted to put the eye on the sea horse, so I took a container of tiny beads and chose the one I wanted. While choosing; of course, I knocked over the container and that is why you see the green spoon in the photo. That spoon saved me a great deal of time and effort. When you think about what your life would be like without something as simple as a spoon, it makes you appreciate the small things that we take for granted. And then we go on to be grateful for all the cool stuff, oh yeah.

At this point the sea horse looks kinda weird, It doen't look very cohesive and it will be my job to pull it all together or else it will just be a freaky mosaic. Here's hoping for a miracle.

No comments: