Sunday, June 19, 2016

2nd Life for Beloved Bracelet!

We have all purchased jewelry that we love, and have had the thing break and fall apart! How many of you threw it away in a moment of pique or put it in a bowl to mourn the loss of this favored bauble? I did the latter. There it sat on my work table for months.

 I was looking for something while working on the button mosaic, and my attention was diverted to these pieces of what used to be my bracelet. A tiny picture frame like the one used in the button mosaic was sitting right there, so I started placing parts of the bracelet here and there. I liked it! I was intrigued with the colors, and started digging around in bead containers, and then glass containers. Three-fourths of the mosaic was completed in the first day. Deciding on the lavender background and working that took more time.

 When you are working on glass, you glue down your pieces, and then you have to move away from it while it sets up or you run the chance of messing up the pieces glued down while working another area. Especially on such a small mosaic as this, you have to take your time to avoid mistakes.
As you can see, the mosaic is not yet finished or grouted. It is interesting to see the image in the photo does not do the piece justice. It is sitting here on the desk sparkling and reflecting light. I wish you could see it.

I have not decided what I am going to do next. Hummingbirds have been popping up on my walks, so it may be time to pay homage once again to my mysterious friend. As soon as I have a template I'll post it. This time I really will. If you have a particular idea for a mosaic let me know and who knows your idea may be just the inspiration I need to create my next mosaic. In other words, I need all the help I can get, my friend.

No comments: