Sunday, August 13, 2017

Okay, so I have finally finished the key and have moved on to the next design. I have found that I really like to do two mosaics at a time. The pressure of this mosaic is lessened by working on a mosaic that has a template and all I have to do is cut glass. After I finish this design, I only have to come up with two more (one at a time) designs and execute them. Then all that is left is the background, right...that's all. And I haven't a clue what I am going to do.

Usually, from the beginning I can see the mosaic and what I want to do, then I start drawing and making changes to the original idea as I create a template to mosaic. This idea of creating as we go along and seeing where we end up is very scary to me. I am afraid I am going to screw up Big Time. After this last design made it onto the board, I saw that it had no cohesion with the other designs, but I wanted badly to place it there and mosaic it. So, whatever I thought this board was supposed to be, it is now some thing else.

After I grout the mermaid mosaic, I will be starting another small mosaic of a Seahorse. I created a template for it, so it will go pretty quickly. I'll post a picture soon.

No comments: