Saturday, August 19, 2017

Portia, the Mermaid and Her Friend, Luna the Fish are Ready for Their Debut


My class has started, so I had a hard time finding an hour to grout this mosaic, but I finally found some time today. When I first found this tiny (approx. 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") picture frame, I thought it would be fun to put a bunch of mosaic fish in his belly, but then Portia, the mermaid, wanted to come along for a swim. I thought I better put a fish that had an appendage that held a light, so that they could see inside the whale, and Luna came swimming along. There is a pink starfish in the lower left hand corner and some beads thrown in for a touch of sparkle. Of course, I added grout glitter to glam it up more (it shows up better in person).

I have the tiny whale mosaic next to a plaque that says, "Always be yourself unless you can be a mermaid then always be a mermaid" That always makes me smile, like I get a choice. I would love to live in a world where I could choose to be a mermaid. Easy...I would always be a mermaid. I have listed this mosaic on my Etsy store, so it is for sale.

I have completed the doorway design and have started drawing another design for the other mosaic (Red mosaic), and will be starting that in a day or so, along with a new mosaic of a seahorse. I'll post pictures of the mosaic templates in a few days.

No comments: