Thursday, December 8, 2016

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!

I hoped that when I started my college classes I would have time to work on my mosaic since I was flowing (and glowing ;) with inspiration, but no not at all. I looked at my last post on July 4th and was stunned that all this time has gone by. Here is where I am now with the mosaic.
As you can see I added more to the leaf design, and an embellishment to the design to the right of the leaf. I may remove that since I am not sure I added it because I really wanted to or because I felt I had to do something and splat! There it is. Now, I am sure about the key design, even though I just barely started it.
But the good news is: I started it! That sometimes is the hardest thing; deciding on the glass. I almost wish sometimes that I didn't have so much glass to choose from, but not really.
This mosaic started as a piece that was going to have an orange and red background with all the designs emerging from the background. But now I can honestly tell you that I do not know what the background will be. I am going to trust the process and let myself go with whatever glass and patterns speak to me. Art can be like life; you cannot force it to be beautiful, harmonious, or joyful; you just show up, put your heart into what you are doing and hope for the best.
I am cramming for my finals that are next week. When they are done I intend to throw myself into my mosaic and finish it, finally. I have prepped a butterfly-shaped base for my next mosaic. But we will see...
I have the feeling that when I get back into this mosaic, its intoxicating possibilities will draw me in and I will not be able to think of anything else until it is finished. I hope to have it finished before Christmas or the New Year. Let's see what happens...

No comments: