Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mermaid Mosaic Aspirations

I bought this wood shaped mermaid at a craft store about a year ago. It has taken that long for me to get inspired, and actually have a vision for who this mermaid is. I drew this design yesterday. Sandy (forgive the pun) is a red head and she obviously loves jewelry, ya think? Christi took one look at Sandy and said, That looks like a very ambitious project." Sounds like a challenge to me which is exactly what every artist (at least this one) needs to put a fire in the desire to execute this mosaic ASAP! 

Now I cannot stop thinking and planning. I will keep you posted, and please feel free to let me know what you think of the choices I make for Sandy. I am thinking green eyes, but aqua might be good too. I'll do the hair and post the results before I decide on the eye color. The way the hair turns out will dominate most of the color choices for the rest of Sandy. Sandy is approximately 11 3/4" high x 8" wide (from hand to fish tail).

1 comment:

Blain said...

First it make me laugh as I have long blond hair and green eyes. I lived in San Francisco for 10 years and it has and is a major influence for all my art as is my degree in Fine Art from the University of Arizona.

I would say you have chosen a great school in order to learn your art. And as an artist I would ALWAYS say there are no mistakes and follow your aspirations. It is your growth and path.....create.