Friday, September 26, 2008

Vacation Idyl

This is the little beach that was a short walk from our house. It is called Shell Beach, which is appropriate since I found a lot of shells and stones there. We could not walk the beach after 4 or 5pm, for the tide came in every day about that time. I painted this view on the back of postcards and sent them to a few friends. Christi and David saw the paintings and both wanted one. I did one for Christi, but I still have to do David's. I'm making a frame covered in seashells from some of the different vacations for David's painting. If Christi likes it, I'll be making another for her. I started a small mosaic plaque with a small hummingbird in the center before I left on vacation. I have almost finished it; all I have left is the background.

No comments: