Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two Pieces of Wood, Some Glass, and an Active Imagination

I decided to do an abstract fantasy garden piece. I love how the water appears to sparkle in the little pond at the bottom of both of the pieces when you see it in person. I had just completed a mosaic that had a tree in it that looked real. This time I wanted it to feel as if this wild, barren tree had just walked into this calm, pretty fantasy land and was being transformed by its surroundings...or considering the dark patches in the sky above, perhaps the tree was introducing a twist of its own. I had fun lining these two pieces up and having them flow into one another. Working around the missing knot of wood in the piece on the right, was fairly easy; I felt it added to the mosaic's uniqueness. This piece was done in glass tiles and millefiori.

No comments: