Saturday, August 9, 2008

A work in progress


I am working on a new mosaic, and it was inspired by the purple mosaic I created for Connie. I had so much fun working on that piece that I wanted to create another piece with insects and flowers. I thought it would look pretty in blue. Above is a photo I took of my work space at the beginning of this mosaic. Sometimes the drawings are very detailed with every piece planned out but not this one as you can see by the pencil drawings on the mirrored board. This one changed as I was inspired to create flowers that I have never seen or have never tried to make before. Below is a picture of one of the containers I use to help me to organize my glass and pieces I am considering for use in the mosaic. I will be posting the new completed mosaic sometime this coming week.

No comments: