Sunday, January 14, 2018

Beads are the Best!

Okay. to be quite clear: beads are the best when time is an issue. This only took a few minutes to make. Whereas, a mosaic takes a longer time to make, and then there is the grouting and the cleaning to take into consideration.

 I promised my granddaughter I would make her a mosaic-type beaded piece with her name in it. This is my first try and I only was able to fit her first initial "K" on the piece. This felt very crafty, and I learned a lot with this effort. Now I need to find a larger frame that her name will fit on and one that her favorite colors will work with. There are so many adorable frames for sale that this will not be a hard task.

Some of you may be wondering what happened to the mosaic I was working on. Well, I am still working on the background. First, I decided to do it all in different shades of gold and cream, but that bored me to distraction. Now I have decided to have different sections with different colored glass. Yes, I have decided on chaos. I am not bored, so it will be moving along at a faster pace. Hopefully, in a week or so I'll have something to post.
I thought you might need a close-up. The frame is 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" from tip of petal to tip of petal. Yes, it is very tiny and very sweet. In person, the colors are much more vivid, especially the red on the millefiori which is the only glass I used in creating this piece.



No comments: