Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Java is Here!

Meet "Java the Elephant" mosaic! This mosaic has many different kinds of glass, beads, and gemstones to dazzle the eye with. He is my first elephant, but not my last. I am currently finishing another. Although, the other elephant is completely different which you will see for yourself very soon. Next I will be doing some small mosaics that incorporate some fabulous buttons I have purchased. Yes! I said buttons! I love incorporating unusual found items into my mosaics, so when I saw these buttons on Etsy; I thought "Why not?" I get these great ideas, and then I have to come up with a design that has some chance of working...we'll see.

 Okay to be honest the reason I love mosaics is that even when it goes terribly wrong; it still looks good. Occasionally, I take some of my mosaics to exhibit while doing a presentation and people will ooh and ahh over some of my mosaics that are full of technical errors, but the glass is lovely and sparkly, this may be the first mosaic they have seen, and you know, people are nice for the most part.

No comments: